- Take me back to the old Paths, when Moms were at home.
Dads were at work.
Brothers went into the army.
And sisters got married BEFORE having children!
Crime did not pay; Hard work did;
And people knew the difference.
- Moms could cook; Dads would work;
Children would behave…
Husbands were loving; Wives were supportive; and children were polite.
- Women wore the dresses; and Men wore the trousers.
Women looked like ladies;Men looked like gentlemen; and children looked decent.
- People loved the truth, and hated a lie;
They came to church to get IN, Not to get OUT!
- Hymns sounded Godly; Sermons sounded helpful;
Rejoicing sounded normal; and crying sounded sincere.
Cursing was wicked; Drinking was evil; and divorce was unthinkable.
- We read the Bible in public; Prayed in school;
And preached from house to house.
To be called a Christian was worth living for;
To be called a traitor was a shame!
- Sex was a personal word. Homosexual was an unheard of word, And abortion was an illegal word.
- Preachers preached because they had a message; and
Christians rejoiced because they had the VICTORY!
- Preachers preached from the Bible; Singers sang from the heart; Sinners turned to the Lord to be SAVED!
- A new birth meant a new life; Salvation meant a changed life; Following Christ led to eternal life.
- Being a preacher meant you proclaimed the word of God; Being a deacon meant you would serve the Lord; Being a Christian meant you would live for Jesus; And being a sinner meant someone was praying for you!
- Laws were based on the Bible; Homes read the Bible; And churches taught the Bible.
- Preachers were more interested in new converts than new clothes and new cars.
- Church was where you found Christians on the Lord’s day, rather than being entertained someway.
Give me that old time religion!
‘Tis good enough for me!
I still like the “Old Paths” best! Jeremiah! 6:16.
A RE-BROADCASTED COPY FROM WHATSAPP – GOD BLESS THE WRITTER