The Lord also expects us to EXPLORE AND EXPLOIT OPPORTUNITIES (An opportunity is simply a time when a particular situation makes it possible to do or achieve something).
Many people suffer because of their inability to understand or recognize opportunities (Hos.4:6; cp. 2Kgs. 13:14-19). While ignorance is a cause of the problem, laziness is also another (Prov. 20:4; 24:30-32).
When an opportunity is lost, it is usually hard to come by (cons. Eccl.3:1-8, 11; cp. 1Chr. 12:32).
- Jacob, on recognizing the opportunity for a better future did not let the angel go away (Gen. 32:24-26, 28-30) Rahab the harlot recognized the opportunity for her deliverance from the invading army of Israel and so admitted the 2 spies (Jos. 2:8-14).
- The woman with an issue of blood took advantage of the passing of Jesus to get her healing (Mk. 5:25-29) and so did blind
- Bartimaeus (Mk.10:46-52). A woman utilized an opportunity to lavish her resources on Jesus and got her personality immortalized (Mk. 14:3-9). Whenever an opportunity is recognized and exploited, testimonies always follow.
The Lord shall make abundantly available opportunities for a better life, so that people will readily get into soundness of health, surplus of wealth, success in Academics and generally, satisfaction of life.
What we must be doing:
- Have regular fellowship with the Lord (through prayer) and His word (Prov. 3:6; Ps. 1:1-3; Jos. 1:8)
- Be sensitive to the direction of the spirit of God through being observant (Prov. 3:6)
- Be regular in the house of the Lord, as opportunities (eg. Jobs, contracts, healing etc,) do arise there (cons. Ps. 122:1)
- Seek the counsel of the matured believer who is in the field that opportunity is being sought.
It’s this season! Lets pray for;
(i) the opening of doors of our needed resources
(ii) the leading of God to the green pasture
(iii) the removal of obstacles to our joy.