BIBLE READING: Deut. 32:11; Job 39:27-30
Popularly known as one of the largest bird and certainly, the most majestic of all birds is the eagle. The bird wins the admiration of all due to its swiftness, sharpness, gallantry, efforitry, majesty and unique design. The eagle is specially classed. A mention of the name eagle creates a special sense and awareness in the mind of those who hear it because of its unique design, characteristics and lifestyle. In short, it is an uncommon bird, an outstanding one and full of symbolisms to learn from.
Our text tells of the strange and intimidating profile of the eagle. Of all the birds, God’s natural power, care and protection, and some of God’s features are clearly illustrated with the eagle. God wants you to be an eagle. As a Christian, you should be as special, outstanding, distinct and notable among other just as the eagle is among other birds.
* She seeketh the prey (Job 39:29), the eagle is a goal seeker (a go-getter). She pursues a purpose till completion without giving up.
* Her eyes beheld afar off (Job 39:29). The eagle is of sharp vision, powerful focus and insight. Christians must possess this feature too.
* Doth the eagle mount up at thy command? (Job 39:27). The eagle is self-motivated and has enough motivation to attain unspeakable hights. A Christian must have self, personal motivation to attain high in their career, academic and spiritual excellence. You don’t need to be pushed or coerced to read, study, pray, preach, etc. there should not be inferiority complex nor acceptance of intimidation.
* Makes her nest on high (Job. 39:27). What’s your aspiration? Mediocrity or to be a high flyer in all areas of life? Do not ever feel relaxed or comfortable with or settle for poor grades and average in your academics. Spiritually, in your relationship with God, make your nest on high.
* She dwelleth and abideth on the rock (Job. 39:28). Jesus is the Rock of Ages and the Rock of life. Have you found him to dwell and abide in him (Jn. 15:3). The safest height to dwell is on the Rock of Ages. You need to build a strong spiritual life at this time (verse 28b) so that the winds, storms, troubles and temptations of life will not take you off.
* The eagles are warriors (Job 39:30). They catch the prey alive, slay the prey and feed on fresh meals. You must learn the art of spiritual warfare as a Christian and refuse to be a weakling (Eph. 6:10-18).
A PUBLICATION FROM WCCRM YOUTH MINISTRY
(© 2019 WATCHMAN SCHOOL FELLOWSHIP)
DEAR YOUTH, NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO?
CALL FOR COUNSELLING:
+234 805 634 5302
+234 809 821 9796
+234 706 368 8448